Issue 4 Lent 2003
|The magazine of
International Women’s Week
International Women’s Week celebrates the role of ordinary women as makers of history and
is rooted in the centuries-old struggle of women to participate in society on an equal footing
with men. Below are just some of the events going on in Cambridge – join the celebration!
Events are open to everyone, so come along and bring your friends!
Got an event you’re organising? Let the International Women’s Week Co-ordinator know (Jo
Read, email@example.com) and have it added to the ever growing
list of events!
- March 1 – Self-Harm Discussion Forum. 2 to 4 pm, Homerton
An opportunity to talk about self-harm in an informal setting: guests will include staff
from the University Counselling Services and anyone is welcome to attend. More info from
- March 2 – Self-Harm Discussion Forum. 2 to 4 pm, Caius
As above but in Caius!
- March 4 – Fashion. Statement. 8.30 pm, Great Hall, King’s College
King’s Couture presents a fashion show of clothes made by real people for real people
followed by an auction of the clothes in aid of Eating Disorders UK & the Clean Clothing
Campaign. More info from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 5 – Reclaim the Night: Looking Gorgeous!
Meet in the Market Square at 8.30 pm with your glad rags on to say no to violence on the
streets at night. More info from email@example.com.
- March 5 – Gender Agenda Benefit Night! 10 pm to 12 am, King’s Cellars
Boogie the night away and help support Gender Agenda!
- March 2 – 8th. Art & Action – celebrating Women’s Art & Activism. 10 am to 5 pm,
King’s Art Room
A diverse collection of women’s art intersperced with info on recent and ongoing Women’s
Union campaigns around Cambridge. More info from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at email@example.com